IWC Big Pilot's Watch Perpetual Calendar Edition "Mojave desert"
The Big Pilot’s Watch and the perpetual calendar are a perfect match. The four sub dials and the four-digit year display are shown off to high effect on the large dial. The date, weekday, month and moon phase are also effortless to read. For the first time, IWC is now combining a Big Pilot’s Watch Perpetual Calendar with a sand-coloured ceramic case, the hallmark of its “Mojave Desert” editions.
The subdued dark brown dial and the sand-coloured rubber strap with textile inlay complement the unique military design. The inspiration came from the flight suits of Navy pilots and the barren landscape of China Lake, the US Navy’s largest land area in the Mojave Desert. The perpetual calendar is mechanically programmed to automatically recognise the different months lengths and the leap years.
It will continue running correctly without any manual correction until the year 2100. The calendar module is driven by a single nightly switching impulse delivered by the IWC-manufactured 52615 calibre. Two barrels, wound up by a Pellaton winding system with ceramic components, store a comfortable seven days power reserve.
For the first time, IWC presents a Big Pilot's Watch with a perpetual calendar in the sand-coloured ceramic case of the “Mojave Desert” editions. Launched in 2012, the TOP GUN collection with its black ceramic cases has established itself as an independent line in the IWC Pilot’s Watch family.
- Case material:Beige matte ceramic with oversized signature onion crown & sapphire caseback
- Case size:46.5mm
- Movement:In-House IWC Calibre, Self Winding with 168 hours power reserve
- Features:Fully perpetual calendar accurate for over a century with visible day, date, month, year and moonphase apertures, rubber strap with folding clasp
- Bracelet/Strap:Product Info Is Unavailable
- Dial:Grey dial with applied beige luminescent numerals
- Warranty:Two Year International Warranty with optional 6 year extra years upon registration with "My IWC" programme