Panerai Radiomir Black Seal Logo 45mm
In order to meet the military requirements of the Italian Royal Navy, to which Guido Panerai's family had been supplying precision instruments, such as naval combat sights, for years, a radium-based powder was developed to make the dials of instruments and sights brighter, in collaboration with Lieutenant Commander Carlo Ronconi: this is how the Radiomir was born.
The reference to the name "Radiomir" was documented in the addendum of the patent filed in France on March 23, 1916. The high self-luminescence of the compound immediately made radium paste a key element in Panerai's production. The Radiomir patent was the first of the many patents filed to celebrate Panerai's history of innovation.
New Cavendish Jewellers is an official retail partner for Panerai watches - discover the Radiomir collection alongside plenty more models in-store and online - please contact us here for all your Panerai needs.
- Case material:Polished Steel Case
- Case size:45mm
- Movement:Hand-wound with Power Reserve of 3 Days
- Features:Hours, Minutes, Small Seconds at 9 o'clock, Water Resistant up to 100m, Black Calf Ponte Vecchio Strap
- Dial:Black Dial with Luminous Arabic Numerals and Hour Markers
- Warranty:Two Year International Warranty with 6 extra years upon registration with "Pam.Guard" programme