Panerai Submersible Luna Rossa 47mm (America's Cup)
America’s Cup is the oldest sports competition in the modern world and one of the more advanced. Panerai will be the Official Sponsor of Luna Rossa, the Challenger of Record team in the 36th edition of the America's Cup. The new Panerai watch is going to be worn by Luna Rossa Sailing Team headed by Massimiliano “Max” Sirena. On the titanium back of the watch is engraved Luna Rossa logo and the America’s Cup profile.
A diving watch water-resistant to a depth of 300 metres (30 bar) with a case made of carbotech, the innovative material also used to make the hull of Luna Rossa's AC75. Enhancing its strong personality are the unidirectional rotating bezel for calculating the duration of a dive, also made of carbotech, and the dial, whose special texture conceals a fascinating secret: pieces of the sails of the Luna Rossa applied to it.
The structure of Carbotech™ is designed to enhance both the aesthetics and the performance of the material.To form the plates of Carbotech™ from which these components are made, thin sheets of carbon fibres are compressed at a controlled temperature under high pressure together with a high-end polymer, PEEK (Polyether Ether Ketone), which binds the composite material, making it even stronger and more durable.
- Case material:Carbotech - thin sheets of carbon fibres are compressed at a controlled temperature under high pressure together with a high-end polymer, PEEK (Polyether Ether Ketone), which binds the composite material, making it even stronger and more durable.
- Case size:47mm
- Movement:Automatic mechanical, P.9010/GMT calibre, executed entirely by Panerai, 13¾ lignes, 6.0mm thick, 31 jewels, Glucydur® balance, 28,800 alternations/hour. Incabloc® anti-shock device. Power reserve 3 days, two barrels. 199 components
- Features:Hours, minutes, small seconds, date - GMT Feature to allow for a second timezone visibility, Water Resistant up to 300m
- Dial:Dark grey sailcloth with luminous hour markers and dots. Date at 3 o'clock, small seconds at 9 o'clock
- Warranty:Two Year International Warranty with optional 8 year extra years upon registration with "Pam.Guard" programme