Cartier Tank Americaine Small Model
Louis Cartier created the Tank watch in 1917. A legend was born. The first prototype was presented as a gift to General Pershing some years before the watch was brought to market in 1919. The lugs blend seamlessly into the stark edges of flat vertical brancards, lending the watch its unique aesthetic. The clean, crisp lines have proved hugely popular with a free-spirited, elegant clientèle. The now-iconic Tank watch has inspired countless variations yet managed to preserve its distinctive identity.
The Tank Américaine features an elongated case with a more pronounced curve than the original model. It playfully updates the geometry of the lines, retaining the rectangular form while alternating between round edges and angles. The powerfully elegant Tank Américaine watch is for connoisseurs only.
New Cavendish Jewellers is an official and authorised retail partner for Cartier timepieces. We have worked with Cartier for over thirty years. As an independent retailer, we pride ourselves on our knowledge and service, especially with a brand as historic and important as Cartier. Visit us to discover the entire Cartier collection at our Boutique on Marylebone High Street or request an appointment in person or virtual.
- Case material:18ct Rose Gold
- Case size:34.8 mm x 19 mm (6.33 mm thick)
- Movement:Quartz Battery operated
- Features:Crown Set with Sapphire, Sapphire Glass, Brown Alligator Strap, Blued-steel Sword-shaped Hands
- Dial: Silvered Grained Dial
- Warranty:Manufacture Two Year International Warranty with Extra 6 Years Upon Registration with Cartier Care